See Your Safe Drive Reviews
Texting and Driving Statistics:
- National Safety Council reports 2 out of 3 teens admit they use apps while driving and 27% say they text and drive.
- National Safety Council estimates that at least 1.6 million crashes each year involve drivers using cell phones and texting.
- 56% of teenagers admit to talking on their cell phones while behind the wheel, while 13% admit to texting while driving.
- Each year, 21% of fatal car crashes involving teenagers between the ages of 16 and 19 were the result of cell phone usage. This results has been expected to grow as much as 4% every year.
- For every 6 seconds of drive time, a driver sending or receiving a text message spends 4.6 of those seconds with their eyes off the road. This makes texting the most distracting of all cell phone related tasks.